Special Areas of Conservation
Last update: 2019-07-01
SACs in Scotland are designated by Scottish Ministers under the EC Habitats Directive. They are areas which have been identified as best representing the range and variety within the European Union of habitats and (non-bird) species listed on Annexes I and II to the Directive. SACs in terrestrial areas and marine areas out to 12 nautical miles are afforded protection through the Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c.) Regulations 1994 (as amended). Possible Special Areas of Conservation (pSAC) may be subject to change prior to submission.
Complete metadata on SpatialData.gov.scot
Available under the Open Government Licence.
Acknowledgment: Contains NatureScot information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0
Please wait, loading files...
Version history (last five changes)
- 2019-07-01 - boundary corrections
- 2018-12-20 - Update to 5 offshore boundary sites
- 2018-08-07 - Update to Glen Beasdale (PA code 8263) and Rigg-Bile (PA code 8353)
- 2017-11-15 - Status updates for: UK0030363 North-West Rockall Bank UK0030355 Wyville Thomson Ridge UK0030385 Pobie Bank Reef UK0030386 Solan Bank Reef UK0030389 East Rockall Bank UK0030387 Anton Dohrn Seamount
- 2017-09-29 - Moorfoot Hills (PA8326) boundary change